Community SupportThese resources can help!
New from the Library of Michigan for older Michiganders. GetSetUp offers over 1,800 real-time virtual classes on their video platform that make it easy to learn new skills and connect with a trusted community. Give it a try today! Free Classes for Michiganders!
Resources — local, regional, state, and federal
Affordable Connectivity Program — is an FCC program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service. The ACP provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for broadband service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet
Mental Health Resources — Be KIND to your MIND — variety of online options and If you’re feeling emotional distress due to the COVID-19 pandemic, get free, confidential support from a Michigan Stay Well counselor. Dial 1-888-535-6136 and press “8” The Stay Well counseling line is available 24/7.
Grand Ledge Emergency Assistance Program – An all-volunteer organization that assists with utility bills, transportation, food, medical bills and housing needs for families within the GL School District. 517-626-0694
Michigan 2-1-1 – Dial 2-1-1 to be connected to the nearest emergency food resource.
MI Bridges – apply for benefits, get help with healthcare coverage, food & cash assistance.
Tri-County Office on Aging – connecting seniors and those who care for seniors with a variety of services
Eaton County Wellness Resource Directory — find programs and services to help improve your mental health
Ways to Volunteer — you can make a difference
Veteran’s Small Business Guide — grants, loans, and training resources for veteran entrepreneurs compiled by digital.com
Broadband Internet Providers for Grand Ledge — listing of broadband and TV options for Grand Ledge with contact information
- Ken’s Coat Closet — most current information — Ken’s Coat Closet Facebook Page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Pantry listing — Churches and Community Centers from foodpantries.org
- Grand Ledge Seventh Day Adventist Community Service Center … food pantry for families facing a temporary emergency within the Grand Ledge, Eagle, Mulliken, and Wacousta area. 517-627-4348
- Believers Christian Church Food Pantry … food pantry located in Eagle. 517-622-0719
- Free Little Food Pantries … help-yourself pantries at both 227 West Jefferson and 402 North Clinton in Grand Ledge, MI 48837
Housing & Employment
- Housing Services Mid Michigan Weekly Guides — Housing & Employment or call (517) 541-1180
Important Phone Numbers
- 211 — dial this simple number to get connected to resources
- COVID-19 Hotline — 1-888-535-6136 (7 days a week from 8am-5pm)
- Sparrow COVID-19 Hotline 1-877-205-1300 (not for emergencies — use 911)
- Tri-County Office on Aging — 1-800-405-9141
- Need help with your GLADL Library Account — 517-627-7014