Imagine Your Story: Creature Creator
Contest runs July 1st – 20th (Art submissions are DUE BY July 20th, voting begins July 24th – July 30th, prizes awarded July 31st).
Calling all Artists! Put your creative skills to the test by creating your very own creature to add to our SRP Creature Collection!
Prizes will be awarded to the following categories:
(0 – K) Fantasy Creature Drawing
(1st – 6th) Fantasy Creature Drawing
(7th -12th) Fantasy Creature Drawing
(Adult) Fantasy Creature Drawing
(1st -6th) Horror Creature Drawing
(7th – 12th) Horror Creature Drawing
(Adult) Horror Creature Drawing
(1st – 6th) Sculpture/Mixed Media
(7th – 12th) Sculpture/Mixed Media
(Adult) Sculpture/Mixed Media
1. Be creative and use your imagination! – We are encouraging artists to think outside of the box and create their own creatures, something that has never been seen before! Feel free to use elements from other creatures (like wings, horns, extra appendages) to make your creature. A good example of this would be a Chimera, a creature with a lion’s head, a goat’s body, and a serpent’s tail!
2. Make the art your own! – Be sure to give your creature a species name, sign your your art, and date it. We want to make sure you are getting credit for your creature!
3. No copy-written characters/fanart! Since we are encouraging you to do your own thing, we will not be able to accept artwork of any copy-written characters, or fanart of existing characters.
4. For everyone’s eyes! Please make sure your creatures, Fantasy and/or Horror, are ok to for people of all ages to view. No gore, adult themes, or violence should be in any piece of art.
5. You must agree to allow GLADL to publish your artwork on their social media pages. Those that mark “No” will not be able to be included in the contest.
6. Up to three creatures can be submitted for your age range (for example, a 5th grader may submit art for Fantasy, Horror, and Sculpture if they desire).
7. Submitted artwork must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG format. PDFs and other file formats will be accepted. If you need help scanning in your artwork, you can visit the library and use our flatbed scanner for free!
If you have any questions about this art contest, please email Stefanie Black at email@example.com