1931 Building Roof Project
Request for Proposal
Grand Ledge Area District Library (GLADL) is seeking proposals from professional roofing contractors for the ROOF REPAIR on the 1931 roof of the Library Building (131 E. Jefferson, Grand Ledge, MI 48837). Roof includes a clay tile roof, small flat roof, and copper gutters. PROPOSALS should be clearly marked “ROOFING PROPOSAL” and emailed, mailed or delivered by 12:00 pm Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
Note: This is a proposal, not a bid. Proposals allow the Library to negotiate options once contractors have been determined to have met the stated criteria. Cost is a deciding factor, but the Library is not required to take the lowest proposal.
Interested contractors must contact the Library to arrange for a mandatory site visit before submitting a proposal.
To be considered, please submit your written proposal and qualifications to the following address:
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
Attn: Lise Mitchell
GLADL reserves the right to reject any or all submissions, to waive any requirements of the RFP and to modify or amend submissions, with the consent of the respondent. All submissions become the property of GLADL. It is the responsibility of the respondent to monitor GLADL’s website (gladl.org). GLADL will not reimburse firms for any costs associated with the preparation or submittal of a response.
- Experience of firm.
- Satisfaction of previous and current clients.
- Ability to accommodate the Library’s needs and preferences.
- Any warranties or guarantees.
- Competitiveness of cost. (Selection will not be based solely on cost but also on actual and perceived value.)
PROPOSAL CONTENT All contractors should provide the following information:
- Business history (i.e., extent of experience, professional qualifications, etc.)
- References for at least 3 businesses for whom you have performed similar work in the past 5 years.
- Method of completing the proposed repairs.
- The quoted cost and any options available to the Library.
- When the work will be completed.